Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
Not all owners of classic cars think in the same way. Some prefer to keep them original (patina and minor issues), some completely restore them and some restore them and also do modifications. All three require the love and attention to detail of a classic car collector. No matter his preference the commitment, effort and knowledge associated with this very involved hobby is admirable.
An original vehicle is one that has been maintained so well that it has all of its original factory specified parts. Their parts have been mostly fixed rather than replaced and if they had been replaced at one time it will have been with the original part intended for the model from the exact year of its introduction. To determine the originality of a classic, enthusiasts look for “matching numbers”, serial numbers that are stamped on parts throughout the car that match each other and the number originally associated with the car in its year.
Pros and Cons
Original vehicles are extremely hard to come by. To produce one takes the most time and money because the original parts are as rare as or more rare than the car itself. Because of the lack of availability of models and their parts, many car owner’s claiming “original” are actually restored. A true original and a restored vehicle should look the same and nearly operate the same, but because of the difference in original parts vs. re-manufactured parts, the prestige and value of a true original is significantly higher. The value of the three types of vehicles fluctuates based on the changing demand of collectors just like many consumables, but original vehicles, even in their shabbiest appearances can sell for 35% more than their perfectly restored opponent, a reason why you’ll find a lot of speculation on which route to take.
Restored vehicles are made to look and drive like they did the day they were introduced to consumers. Their owners however, choose to replace parts with factory refurbished remakes of original parts. Using the original as inspiration, a car restorer will match the interior, parts and paint as closely to its glory days as possible.
Pros and Cons
Because restoration parts are easier to obtain and the restoration route creates more of its kind, this vehicle is less rare and often less valuable than an original. This is also the reason a collector can achieve results faster and perhaps joyride in his car sooner and for longer, a pro that’s hard to argue if you’re familiar with the work required of an original. As previously stated, the monetary value of a restored is less than an original in many cases, but there is value in having the most fun in your car and if that’s a high priority for an owner than this is a fine choice!
Resto-mod is short for restored and modified. These vehicles are the furthest from originals. They are restored and often “modernfied” if you will. Some owners choose to enhance the engine, make it more fuel efficient, or add modern luxuries like a preferred sound system or safety features.
Pros and Cons
The sky is the limit for an owner with the freedom of modifications. He can build his dream car! Resell for these cars is difficult though and the return could be even less than was put in it so this is the biggest pit fall. The reward is grand and the risk too, is grand, but for many this is the perfect fit for them. The value of a restored and modified vehicle is very unpredictable because the vehicle has been tailored to its owner’s specific tastes and he’d have to find a similar buyer, something to consider when choosing this method and while choosing each modification as well, if reselling is an area of importance at all.
The debate and judgment of this sector of cars will always be, keeping this art form alive and well, but one thing is certain; classic car owners love their cars and that’s worthy of respect. After considerable research you’ll find that each collector has to make their car collecting decisions based on his own lifestyle and what he plans to do with it, re-sell or enjoy. Judge a collector not by the category of his car, but how well it’s been done and cared for.
Is your car dirty and parked in your porch? Are you having a heavy workload and unable to do a car wash? Want to give your car a service while parked at your office parking area? Take your phone and call a mobile valeting service to help you in these situations.
Mobile valeting services offer the customer almost a complete car care service. Many companies and websites are available, who provide services like basic car wash to whole car professional works, at your place, nowadays. Some companies provide a wide variety of services other than servicing, like interior works, professional advices, etc. Not only cars, vehicles like tractors, agricultural vehicles, caravans, etc. can also be serviced by these facilities.
Think how much effort you should put to completely clean your car, if you are doing it all yourself. Firstly, you should clean all your seats, vacuum the fitted mats, shampoo wash the carpets, clean the mirror and glasses, water wash the exteriors, etc. and waste the whole day. Still you won’t get the best results. Of course, you can do something creative and more productive rather than wasting your precious time cleaning your car that is already messed up.
By booking a valeting service, you are calling for a van fully loaded with equipment and products to fulfill your demands for your vehicle, at your doorstep. All you need to do is search for the best service provider at your place, call the one you have chosen. Negotiate your need for the service to the expert and fix an appropriate time convenient for both. Then, wait for the van to reach your doorstep, to clean up the mess and clear your problems.
There are some places you cannot reach and some tasks you cannot accomplish when it comes to car servicing. Think how helpful it will be, if you get a chance to get all those done sitting in your place. Just give a call and tell your problem to a valetor, if you are too lazy to drive your car to a center.
A valetor’s van will be fully equipped with high quality tools and products to take care of your vehicle, at the best. They can provide you with best services anywhere, under any circumstances, as they will be travelling with electricity from generators and water, from water tanks, within the van.
The thing you should keep in mind while calling for a valeting service is that, whether the company provides a budget friendly service. Another important point, is the products and chemicals used. Check whether quality products and tools are used in your vehicles.
1. Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. is an Italian automobile company that makes luxury, high end sports cars. Its has it headquarters in Sant’Agata Bolognese, near the city of Bologna, Italy. Lamborghini was founded by an Italian engineer Feruccio in 1963.
2. Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. emerged as a result of competition between Feruccio Lamborghini and Enzo Ferrari (of Ferrari cars ) who at that time already had been known as a famous manufacturer of sports cars. Feruccio Lamborghini himself was an accomplished engineer; he was an owner and manager of a successful company, which produced agricultural machinery. Feruccio loved sports cars and owned a Ferrari 250 GT. A rumour has it, that two great constructors had a conflict after Lamborghini had turned personally to Enzo Ferrari because of the broken clutch on his Ferrari 250 GT. It is believed that quick-tempered Enzo recommended Feruccio to deal exclusively with tractors, and never even touch a sports car. Feruccio Lamborghini took it as a challenge resolving to use his assets, experience, and passion to found a company, capable of going toe-to-toe with Ferrari.
3. This may come up as a surprise to some of you, but Lamborghini never participated in any major motorsports competitions. According to the will of Feruccio Lamborghini, his company stayed away from racing, because the famous Italian engineer always believed the motorsports to be a big waste of time and resources.
4. One thing Lamborgini was always known for is its top-notch design. Some of the best professionals in the industry, including Franco Scaglione, Touring, Zagato, Mario Marazzi, Bertone, ItalDesign and Marcello Gandini, worked on its visual design.
5. People usually think of luxury and high-performance grand tourers, whenever someone mentions the name Lamborghini. Nevertheless, the Italian automaker has created few unusual models. Feruccio Lamborghini had an extensive experience in producing tractors, so it seemed natural for him to try his hand at designing an automobile with high off-road capabilities. Lamborghini LM002 was the first SUV, built by Italian vehicle manufacturer. Combining speed and luxuriousness with exceptional off-road capabilities, Lamborghini LM002 was in many respects far ahead of its time. When it comes to comfort and ability to cross the difficult terrain, only Land Rover could compete with LM002. Unfortunately, automobile market was not quite ready for the new luxury SUV. Therefore, despite the orders from armed forces of Saudi Arabia and Libya, Lamborghini sold only 301 vehicles.
6. The Italian automaker launched its first production model in 1963. With the top speed of 280 km / h, Lamborghini 350GTV was a leader among production cars of its time.
7. The Italian company uses very distinctive naming convention for its car models. Feruccio Lamborghini was quite a fan of Spanish bullfight. In 1963, he visited the cattle-bred farm Miura in Seville. It was owned by Don Eduardo Miura Fernandez, one of the most famous breeders of fighting bulls in Spain. This visit had a strong influence on the Italian industrialist. In fact, he was so impressed by the traditional art of bullfighting, that he made a decision to name all his new sports cars after famous fighting bulls. Traditionally in Spanish bullfight, bulls that manage to defeat a matador are given life, and their names are forever inscribed in the history of the sport. Ferruccio Lamborghini was convinced, that a name of a fighting bull will emphasize the untamed nature of sports cars created under Lamborghini marque. By the way, Ferruccio Lamborghini himself was also a bull in a sense, since his zodiac sign was Taurus. (He was born on April 28, 1916).
8. The first model to be introduced to the world under the “bullish” name was Lamborghini Miura. The sports car debuted at the Geneva Motor Show in 1966. The public warmly received it; however, spectators were somewhat confused, since they were not allowed to open the hood. This was not a coincidence: there was simply no engine under it! Since the engine was still being designed, the prototype was sent to the Geneva Motor Show with a ballast instead of an engine under the hood. Eventually, Miura proved to be a very good car.
9. Lamborghini Countach was produced by the Italian company for 16 years (from 1974 to 1990). Notably, this sports car is one of the a few Lamborghini models, with a name that has nothing to do with bulls and bullfighting. The word “countach” comes from the Piedmontese language, spoken in a region of Piedmont in North-West of Italy. It is an expression of excitement or astonishment and can be translated as “Heavens!” According to the legend, Nuccio Bertone himself made such an exclamation when he saw the first sketches of the future supercar.
10. The story of Lamborghini was not always a story of success. In 1987, the American automobile giant Chrysler, practically saved it from oblivion by acquiring it. The same year, the Italian vehicle manufacturer presented a peculiar concept car under the name of Portofino. It was a sedan with four doors of the guillotine type, powered by a 3.5-liter engine installed at the rear. Although it remained only a prototype, its image and design was subsequently embodied in many Chrysler cars.
11. In 1994, Lamborghini was acquired by an Indonesian investment group. It was a period of uncertainty for the Italian marque. The German automobile giant Volkswagen saved the famous vehicle manufacturer. Since 1998, Volkswagen has controlled Lamborghini through its subdivision Audi. Undoubtedly, this was a mutually beneficial union for both companies.
12. The design of modern Lamborghini is unusual even for supercars. The steel-cut body style, which became the signature of most Lamborghini models, makes it akin to fighter planes. The designer Filippo Perini admitted that he drew an inspiration from military aviation. He was particularly impressed by American B-2 and F-22 aircraft while working on Lamborghini Aventador.
13. It turned out that the powerful Lamborghini V12 engine is a perfect fit for speedboats as well as supercars. Such a technical symbiosis is not a common thing in automobile industry. The luxury boat Riva Aquarama became one of the leaders of the market thanks to high performance and versatility of the incredible Lamborghini V12 engine.
14. Interestingly, Lamborghini cars are used by the police of United Arab Emirates and Italy. It makes sense if you think about it; nothing can detract criminals and attract tourists like the world’s fastest police car!
15. As we have already mentioned, Feruccio Lamborghini neglected motorsports and tried to stay away from it. Nevertheless, the Italian vehicle manufacturer is revising this strict policy, since today it is a handicap for an automaker that specializes in supercars to ignore motorsports in its entirety. Currently, the company has some notable presence in the world of car racing. The Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo is an example of a successful collaboration between the two legendary brands. Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. and the Swiss watchmaker Blancpain teamed up to launch this prestigious international motor racing series. In 2009, the Swiss company even presented a special watch, dedicated to this mono-brand championship.
16. This surprises no one that Lamborghini brand has some of the most impressive achievements in the automobile world. The last one was 384 km / h speed record set by the Lamborghini Huracan during half a mile race.
17. Lamborghini has a very long and fruitful relationship with Italian wheel manufacturer PIRELLI. From the day one, PIRELLI tyres were used on all Lamborghini vehicles. The Italian automaker even created the special version of Lamborghini AVENTADOR, dedicated to PIRELLI.
18. Lamborghini AVENTADOR has a designation of LP 700-4 700 where “700” stands for 700 h/p engine and “4” for a four-wheel-drive.
19. Lamborghini is partly responsible for the emerging of the well-known automobile marque Pagani. The founder of the Pagani Automobili S.p.A, Horacio Pagani, had worked as an engineer at Lamborghini until he quit due to inability to employ his own ideas. In 1988, the famous Argentinian constructor, eager to put in use his designer talent and make his own product, created a new company Pagani Automobili S.p.A.
20. Nowadays, Lamborghini supercars are powered by either V8 or V12 engines. The ratio between those two engine types is approximately 3:1 .
We’ve all seen those movies where they use nitrogen in the engine for speed. While that is great fun to watch, it’s not the only thing it is used for. Nitrogen can be used to inflate tyres which can give you a different driving experience on the road. Here are a few reasons why it is beneficial to inflate your tyres with nitrogen.
- It increases fuel economy. With the tyres optimally inflated and less air leaving the tyres it enables the ideal pressure to be possible. This creates the optimal driving conditions which causes the engine to work a little less when accelerating, therefore fuel is saved. With the constant increase in costs, it would be great to save fuel.
- It increases the life of the tyre. The nitrogen does not have the same eroding effect as air does, or more specifically carbon dioxide. Consequently, you probably won’t need to change the wheels as often as you would have had to if you used air inflation.
- It stabilises the tyre pressure. As mentioned before the nitrogen maintains the pressure which is suitable for the ideal driving experience. When the pressure is at an optimal range the shock absorbers are able to perform more efficiently. This will give you a smoother drive.
- It gives you better grip on the roads. The nitrogen inflated tyres gives you a better grip on the road because it creates a firmer and fuller shape to the tyre which remains constant for a longer time frame than with standard air inflation. You will have better peace of mind when taking corners especially those tight sharp corners.
- It is safer in all weather conditions. It is suitable for both cold and warm weather conditions and performs consistently throughout wet and dry conditions. No matter what the weather is like, at least you are assured that the tyres will perform well while you are driving.
Nitrogen inflation is the ideal way to enhance your tyres because it can save fuel (which saves you money), increase the life of the tyre (which is also cost saving), give you better grip on the road and keep you safe in all weather conditions. If you are going to opt for nitrogen inflation, be sure to do it at an accredited workshop who knows what they are doing. All the air will have to be removed before the nitrogen is to be inflated. If you are unsure about anything, always discuss your concerns with a professional that will be able to give you the best advice.
Minty’s is amongst the leading tyre suppliers in South Africa, and is recognized for our high standard of customer service. We have built a reputation amongst our customers and ensure that they receive tyres and alloy wheels of the highest quality, amongst the largest brands nationwide.
Hand controls are essential driving aids for the disabled drivers. They help the disabled people drive securely and comfortably.
Mechanical hand controls
There are many kinds of controls which help with the braking and acceleration functioning of the vehicle. There is a connection created between the brakes and acceleration pedals and the hand controlling unit with the help of electrical pipe/ tube. People with disability find this type of hand control beneficial as this driving aid helps them take up the driving seat and drive independently. There are various types of mechanical controls such as:
- push and pull type
- push and rock type
- push and right angle type
Depending on the degree of disability and functioning of the hand movements, people with disabilities can choose the right type which they find comfortable to use.
Electronic hand controls
Among various kinds of controls, one of the most popular kind are the electronic aided hand controls. The different types include car functioning switches, buttons and knobs which are used for car braking, for manipulating the speed of the car and for easy turns and twists of the steering wheel. Electronic ones are very useful for the people with high degree of disabilities and with zero or limited hand movements. These uses the latest technology available in the market and are manufactured keeping in mind all the safety guidance rules.
Steering knobs as hand controls are very useful for steering purposes. These different types of knobs are fitted on the steering wheel depending on the different needs of the handicapped people. It is fitted on the steering wheel with the help of two straps which is attached to a stem and a fixed base which in turn is fixed on the steering wheel, because of these straps the knob does not move from its place and remains in a fixed position. The knobs help in turning the vehicle properly.
Different types of steering knobs
The different types of steering knobs are as follows:
- Tri pins: this steering device is beneficial for the handicapped driver who has no strength on his or her wrist and does not have any kind of grip or wrist stability. The pins are secured and kept in place firmly with help of stable base fitted inside the steering wheel. The pins have foam covering for comfortable driving.
- Steering cuffs: are used by people who have zero hand and wrist movement ability. These provide complete support to the handicapped drivers and keep the vehicle in control.
- V-grip: this used by the disabled drivers who have minimum gripping power in their hands. This grip stabilizes the hands of the drivers and can be adjusted as per the requirements of the driver.
- Amputee Ring: this hand control helps the people with prosthetic hooks to drive their vehicle. These hand controls are made of steel and are placed on the place of steering wheels.
Cars get their reputations from being seen on TV. Some of the cars might have impossible capabilities and this is what makes them so interesting.
Chevy Impala in Supernatural – this car was known as the Winchester vehicle. It is definitely a highlighted car on anyone’s list. Although the car is incredibly heavy and slower than most cars today, it was still one of the most iconic cars that have been seen on television.
The Batmobile in The Dark Knight – Can you imagine a car like this on the roads? It might be perfect for the crime fighters in our countries but imagine how much maintenance it would need after a good crime fighting session? The Batmobile was equipped with all sorts of features and we see that it had the ability to fly too. Was it jet fuel or regular petrol?
The DeLorean in Back to the Future – This was the time travelling machine of the television world. At first, we saw that it could only drive but in the next two movies, the DeLorean could fly in and out of the future. It would be amazing if we could change the year we were in with a little bit of lightning and speed.
The Cadillac Ecto-1 in Ghostbusters – When this car was seen on the streets of New York, it meant that the Ghostbusters were here to save the city from a problematic ghost. With all those devices attached, they were safe wherever they went. Until they had to recharge their equipment.
The Mystery Machine in Scooby-Doo – Originally, Scooby-Doo was an animated TV series for children. With the live action reboot we were able to reimagine the van as a real car. The cartoon series always had a human behind the mask but in the first live action reboot we saw a small talking puppy as the bad guy controlling odd entities.
Mutt Cutts Van in Dumb and Dumber – Although, it was quite a dumb movie with funny moments, one of the most noticeable features was the van that the two main characters drove. The whole car was covered in faux fur material. The sides had what looked like dog ears and legs that were moveable. The front of the car had the face of a dog. This van didn’t look too stable and the brakes didn’t seem entirely safe too. What a lot of money spent on something that is probably difficult to clean.
Other famous cars that are popular includes the sports cars in The Transporter, Fast and Furious, and Iron Man. The most stunning cars in the movies made us feel like we could do anything. Their skills and braking abilities were excellent. But could you imagine how often these cars would have had to go for mechanical and brake repairs.
Selling a junk car to a reputable buyer is a great way to make the most of a vehicle that no longer serves a purpose in your life. Whether you own an old work van that took on too much water damage to repair, or a classic that you never got around to fixing up, there is a junk car buyer out there that will pay you cash on the spot regardless of age, make, model, or condition.
That is the beauty of scrap metal and junk car buyers; they will accept anything motorized (or once motorized) no matter how damaged, totaled, or old. Often times, these kinds of buyers will also accept other motorized commodities and vehicles, such as motorcycles, mopeds, scooters, golf carts, construction equipment, tractors, combines, boats, jet skis, and more.
If you have valuable junk like this lying around your house, you are in a position to make a lucrative deal with the right buyer. Just be sure to find a reputable company in your area. Once you find the right buyer to work with, there are 3 important steps you need to take before you start the junk car selling process. These are personal tasks that should be performed before getting your title in order and calling a junk car buyer. Continue reading to learn what they are!
Clear Out Any Personal Possessions
When you make the decision to sell your junked car, you need to make sure that there are no personal belongings inside before seeing it off to a buyer. Personal belongings includes things like blankets, clothing, music CDs, tools, supplies, air fresheners, chargers, GPS devices, and anything else that did not come with the vehicle at the time of purchase. Personal belongings also includes rubbish, so be sure to empty out trash, debris, and litter. There is no need to clean, wipe down, or shampoo unless you want to make it look nice for the sale.
Remove the License Plate
Do not forget to remove your license plate! This is a step that is often overlooked, especially when a decision to sell a junk car happens rather swiftly. In addition to your license plates, be sure to retain the important related documents in your dashboard compartment. This includes registration, title, owners’ manual, and anything else that might be in there. Ultimately, you will need some of this paperwork to sell your junk vehicle, so be sure to keep them handy.
Finish Off the Fuel Tank
Rather than topping off the fuel tank when selling a regular vehicle, you want to do just the opposite when selling a junk car. This is actually helpful for the buyers since they have to drain all the fluids anyway. Before seeing it off to the buyer of your choosing, be sure to drive around and use up all the gasoline left in the tank. If your car is not drivable, siphon the fuel and store it in approved fuel containers for future use in other vehicles or commodities that take fuel, like lawn mowers. Never siphon gasoline with your mouth! It is important to use the proper materials and techniques to avoid serious injuries.
When you are running a small business, you have to be very careful in choosing your vehicle. The task is not at all easy. However, you can own a van by contacting the van leasing company of your locality. These vans can be used for commercial as well as personal purposes. The leasing prices of these vans are different. What you can do is to go for a cheap van lease. When you are choosing a van for which you don’t have to pay a huge sum, you can invest the remaining amount to expand your business. The money involves in getting a van on lease is negligible as compared to buying a van.
When you contact a leasing company, they will show you vans of all sizes. You will be free to pick a van of any size keeping in mind the main reason behind leasing it. With the plethora of the leasing companies available today, you can easily take your van on leasing from that company which promises you the cheapest price. But, don’t get lured by the price only. Check the quality of the van you are going to take on lease. Make a comparison of the price quotes of different companies to find out which company is giving the best offer.
Some companies may ask you to pay huge upfront money. These companies will try to convince you by saying that if you pay big amount initially, your monthly installments will be low. In such a case, you shouldn’t take any decision in haste. It is always better to make a low upfront deposit because when you give a big amount in the beginning, you may likely to get deceived by that company. They may not assist you in case of any mishap. So, choose a company that asks you to make a small upfront deposit.
Maintenance charges are also a part of the van leasing deal. The company you are choosing will pay the maintenance charge and hence, you don’t have to take any tension regarding its maintenance. Sometimes these companies also give free service offer. Avail it to keep your leased van in good condition for a long time.
Always bargain the leasing price offering by that company. You can take someone with you who is expert in this field for bargaining. A lot of people don’t realize that they can negotiate the price of the leasing during the process. The final negotiated price is known as the capitalized cost. It, in turn, will affect your monthly installments for leasing.
The best leasing deals are generally given by the manufacturer in the form of sub-vented deals. In these kinds of deals, the interest rates are lowered or increase the remaining amount to make the lease more economical. You can contact the dealers directly to know whether any manufacturer is offering such awesome deal.
Go through the terms and conditions of the agreement before taking any decision.
Three months after I graduated from college, and one month before I began flight training to become a U.S. Naval Aviator, I bought a slightly used Datsun 280Z sports car. My father thought that I had lost my mind when I told him that I traded a three-year-old Dodge Dart that sported the famed “slant six” engine for a coupe with no trunk. I did not tell him that the loss of the tricked out stereo system (centered on an 8 track tape player) in the Dodge had bothered me the most. I gave the auto dealer my entire collection of fifty 8 track tapes with the trade in because the 280Z featured a new (at the time) cassette tape deck with the stereo system.
I named my 280Z (sterling silver in color) “The Silver Bullet.” I became “The Lone Ranger,” not so much because of the name of my car, but because my “almost engaged with me” college girlfriend began to question her life as a future Navy wife. She had two years of college in front of her, and I was no longer with her in Charleston, SC. Suitors told her that if she married me she would become “a sea widow” when I deployed with my ship for many months at a time. Guess what? Apparently the car does make the man. The Silver Bullet became a head turner and soon I dropped the irrelevant Lone Ranger title for me.
The Silver Bullet moved like the wind itself! I especially loved to race it on I-10 (East-West Interstate Highway 10) on weekend nights when I traveled between Naval Air Station Whiting Field and Pensacola, to “Trader’s Johns” (famous Naval Aviator dance and dinner club). On several occasions, the police stopped me for speeding. Lucky for me, each time, the officer wanted to check out The Silver Bullet. I showed officers how I could raise and lower the radio antenna by flipping a switch in the cockpit. Who would write a traffic ticket after seeing that?
One year after I bought the 280Z I engaged to marry a Pensacola girl. Then, I faced the grim prospect of supporting both a wife and a sports car. I negotiated with my credit union to extend the loan for the car. The loan officer told me that the credit union would only do that in an emergency situation. “I am getting married,” I revealed, which qualified as an emergency. I got the girl and I kept the car! Six months after marriage, I received the Wings of Gold and a designation as a Naval Aviator. My new wife, a guinea pig in a cage, and I drove away in The Silver Bullet on a bright summer morning, to begin the adventure that the Navy promised and delivered to us.